Sunday, November 22, 2009

Welcome to the 80's

The other month I realized I was running out of contacts and needed to find the best deal for an eye exam to renew my contact prescription.

The best deal I found in the Sentinel Times was for a free eye exam, free pair of glasses and two boxes of contacts.

I thought wow this is a fantastic deal. Not only will I get contacts, I will also get a fancy pair of eye glasses. I was so thrilled, I headed down to the store and waited for quite some time to get my exam. It was run by Vietnamese, so I knew there were going to be some cunning situations coming my way.

I first off, had the choice of selecting from two rows of the same exact glasses, except for the fact that the frames were different colors, but don't worry I could get an upgrade for fifty dollars more and get any frame I wanted in the store. (That would defeat the whole purpose of getting a good deal so I said no thank you.) I then proceeded to try on my new lovely glasses and to my astonishment I thought hey, these aren't that bad. Until all of the vietnamese ladies began saying those glasses are too big for your head. Your head so small, glasses so big. (please say these in an accent, it helps bring it to life. Then for fifteen dollar more, I could get UV Ray lenses.

To make it even more of a story, I couldn't pick up my lovely selection for two weeks. In my neices words, she said "Those are big. Those aren't fancy; they're big. Let's say to Sienna, 'Crazy glasses. Those are too big. Return them to the store.' Kaia Leigh Christensen doesn't like those big glasses on Sienna Christensen."

Anyways, long story short, presenting my new glasses.

3 comments:

Maile said...

Kaia's immediate response when she saw the pictures: "Why didn't she take those glasses back?" Then: "Return the doodoo chin glasses back to the store." ?!? She still does not approve.

Chris and Brooklyn said...

Ha ha ha ha this is why I love you Sienna!!!!

Ryan and Amy Nelsen said...

please return those to the store asap.
love,
amy