







I must admit that I find it a little hard to keep up with my blog, due to the fact that I am writing articles and transcribing for work when I sit down at the computer, but I do not want the blogging world missing us too much so here is what we have been up to.
1) Putting together Eamons room. We didn't bring any of his room stuff so we had to start from scratch. Thanks to Craigslist we found his $20 crib, and for $5 more Brandon spray painted parts to make it look brand new.
We also found a beautiful striped chair for $10, such a bargain. And it fits his room perfectly. It was purchased from a hotel that was changing to different chairs so it was an excellent condition.
Last but not least, his bedding from Pottery Barn, that I picked up from the local consignment store. I couldn't be more happy in the money we saved and the way things turned out. We are still working to put it together, but at least we have the essentials of the crib!
Now the hardest part to say the least. Trying to get him to sleep in his crib and stay in it.
2) We were able to go the beach the other day and we loved it. The beaches are so kid friendly here so Eamon loved it. Despite the fact that I am really sunburned we loved it and will be going back in no time.
3) Eamon loves bugs. When we went to the beach Brandon caught a sand crab and handed it to Eamon, Eamon then held it and put it directly in his mouth. (Gross!) I thought that was bad, then when he was crawling around the house he noticed something crawling and went after it. He picked it up and played with it for a while and then placed it back down. Thinking he was done, he then grabbed it up again and shoved it in his mouth and started chewing. He didn't even flinch. His face stayed the same like he was eating a cheerio. I feed him applesauce and he spits it back out, but then he eats bugs, no problem. Brandon wasn't able to get the bug out of his mouth, but we could see the bug guts as they were hanging on his tongue. He just sucked his tongue back in and ate the bug like a piece of candy.
4) Lastly, I have been called into the YW as the Beehive Advisor. I am so excited to work with the youth, I have 12 Beehives and I can't wait for all of the fun that we will have.
5 comments:
Yeah! You finally get to decorate a nursery! I love it! Good luck with the whole sleeping park :)
Sounds like things are going well!
Wow his room is so cute & i was shocked to find out the amazing deals you got on everything! You're such a savvy shopper!
You know bugs are an excellent source of protein so even though he doesn't get his viatmins the conventional way, at least he's getting them some way!
He is definitely his father's son. I can't believe what a great deal you got on all of Eamon's stuff for his room! And it looks great! Good luck with getting him to sleep in his crib.... it will be worth all the crying it takes in the end. Miss you guys!
Crazy little Eamon! My kids are going crazy over Eamon's eating adventures.
I love the room and being able to see pictures has helped me internalize better how amazing it must be for you guys to finally have him in a room of his own.
Kaia is wondering if you were looking for sand dollars on the beach with Eamon?
Sienna! Eamon is just like his daddy loves all creeping crawling things! His nursery looks super cute-good job! Love the pictures keep blogging we miss you like crazy! Eamon melts my heart xoxo
Post a Comment